Wednesday, September 1, 2010

College

College is a place where you take notes, do homework, study and take exams in order to earn a degree that will help you obtain a good career. But it is also so much more than that. College is a place that opens your eyes to new experiences and helps you mold yourself into the type of person you want to be for the rest of your life. The things you learn through college, whether it is academically or socially, you will hold with you for the rest of your life. College also has a way of showing you that there are so many types of people in the world. No longer are we stuck with the same sort of kids that we've been with throughout our school career. We are with a whole new group of people with totally different views and opinions on everything. Being around so many different people makes you realize that your view on life is NOT the only one. This helps you form new and probably more mature views on life.
The goals I have for myself are to maintain good grades, and meet and make friends with  a lot of different people. I'm kind of nervous about all the work I will have. I don't quite know how i'll be able to handle all of it, but time will tell, and I can only try my best!
In general I am excited for the years to come and I'm very glad that I made the choice to go to college.

No comments:

Post a Comment