Saturday, September 11, 2010

Time Flies


One of the most challenging things I have faced during the first 2 weeks of college is learning how to manage my time. I never needed to know how to balance time between classes, homework, family, friends and work while I was in high school. But coming into college has made me realize how difficult it can be. I don't think I was prepared for how busy some of my days would be. It's difficult learning to completely manage your own time when you're so used to having things done for you. It is up to me to get myself up in the morning, get to classes on time, do my homework, get my own meals and make time for work and the people I love at the same time. College has really opened my eyes to just how organized I need to be. I realize now that I pretty much lacked any type of organizational skills during my high school years. In high school I did all my homework in study hall or during free time in other classes, so I pretty much never had much work to do when I got home. I also didn’t have a job, so I had a lot of free time after school. But it is so different now in college. It is all up to me now to manage everything that goes on. I've gotten the hang of it so far, but I definitely need more work. I think that organization is one of the most important skills a college student can have. Time management is the key to getting anything done on time and to your best effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment