Saturday, September 18, 2010

An epiphany



Quinnipiac was my first choice for colleges my senior year. The campus is beautiful, it was small, and it had what I wanted to major in: Chemistry. I was excited to apply and anxious to see if I was excepted or not. But I suddenly had a change of heart. I realized that I didn't want to be doing chemistry my whole life. I wouldn't be happy with that. So I decided I wanted to major in what I loved most: Art. Unfortunately, Quinnipiac doesn't offer Art History as a major. I was dissapointed, to say the least. So as a second choice I chose Southern. It offers art history, is closer to my home, and is dramatically cheaper than QU. But i've still had that feeling deep in my gut that I made the wrong choice. That is, until today when I visited my best friend Anna at her dorm at Quinnipiac. It was somewhat of a closure, it made me realize that I made the right decision. I don't really have much to complain about with Quinnipiac and I still think it is a good school. But it's just not me. I didn't realize how much I like Southern until I  experienced a different school. I think what I like most about Southern is the fact that there are so many different people. I like being around so many people on a pretty big campus. It made me realize that a private college isn't my cup of tea. I've finally come to terms with my decision with attending Southern, and I couldn't be happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment