Saturday, November 20, 2010


A time in my life that I had a leadership role was a couple of years ago when I was a teacher at Vacation Bible school for three year olds. i was visiting my cousins in North Carolina and I had the chance to join them in helping out with their church's bible school. It was one of the first times I had a real leadership position and I remember feeling very proud of myself for being able to lead and take charge. It felt really good to be able to help out, and to have a say in the program. i didn't know anybody from the church except for my cousins, and in a way i think that that played a big role in how comfortable I felt being in a leadership position. Usually I am less likely to want to lead a group because I have a fear of doing something wrong, or being judged. But being around all the people that I didn't know, I wasn't afraid like I would usually be. I wasn't afraid of messing up, or not doing what i was supposed to. I had a lot of confidence in myself and I learned to have faith in my ability to lead. Even though i was teaching little kids, it helped me make the first step in being comfortable  with leading and taking charge. Overall it was a good experience and I always remember how much fun and happy I was being able to com out of my shell and take charge.

No comments:

Post a Comment