Saturday, November 27, 2010

TURKEY DAY!!



Thanksgiving this year was really great. I always look forward to waking up in the morning and smelling the cooking turkey and helping prepare all the side dishes and snacks for the day. I especially love to watch the Macy's parade. This year was the same as every other year, and that's just the way I like it. I don't live around any extended family, so like every Thanksgiving it was just me, my dad, my mom and my brother. Sometimes I wish it were different and that we could be with all of our family, but at the same time I know I am lucky to even have a family to spend Thanksgiving with. So I'd say that is what I am truly most grateful for. Anyway, I spend the day snacking, watching the parade, then usually a movie all the while searching through the Black Friday ads for deals. Then finally it's dinnertime and I am so excited. My dad's cooking is absolutely amazing and I always look forward to his turkey and my absolute favorite: STUFFING! We always have the classics: stuffing, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce and rolls. No special twists to things, and that is just how I like it. My family's Thanksgiving meal has been the same since I was little, and it is something that I love to look forward to. It is the best comfort food ever. Thanksgiving is something that I will always love, and it is something that I'll always be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment