Saturday, November 20, 2010

Where's the time?!


There have been a lot of difficult situations this semester. I think in general this has been some of the most stressful months I have had to go through. I think a big cause to my stress and anxiety is having to balance school and work with each other. This is my first job that I have had, and I got it in the summertime, so this semester is my first experience of balancing school and work. I think it is especially hard learning to do that on top of adjusting to college life and just getting used to having so much freedom when it comes to my education. My biggest struggles have been with my work schedule conflicting with my studying time. I only work 20 hours a week, which may not seem like a lot to some people, but it has made me realize how terrible I am at balancing everything, even when I may not have a lot on my plate. It seems that every time I have a big test, I work every day following up to it. My last two Art History exams it seems I had to cram for because the 2 days before it i've had to work. It is really hard to put school first and to make sure all of my school work is complete when i have a unpredictable work schedule. So I think in general my most difficult times this semester is finding the right time to study and being able to be prepared for tests without cramming, or feeling unprepared.

1 comment:

  1. I think most students feel stretched if they go to school and work. Consider limiting your hours or maybe only taking 4 classes each semester in order to be able to balance everything easier?

    ReplyDelete